Click HERE to submit your comment about what federal transportation priorities should be. Here are some details about this call for comment from the US Department of Transportation. Its title is Request for Information: Rural Opportunities to Use Transportation for Economic Success.
This notice requests comments on unmet transportation infrastructure needs in rural transportation, barriers that rural communities face in addressing these needs, stakeholders’ experiences with applying to and using DOT discretionary grant and credit programs, and opportunities for DOT to improve its services and technical assistance to rural communities in relation to these grant and credit programs.
. . . A constructive, information-rich comment that clearly communicates and supports its claims is more likely to have an impact on regulatory decision making. These tips are meant to help the public submit comments that have an impact and help agency policy makers improve federal regulations. . . .
- Be concise but support your claims
- Base your justification on sound reasoning, scientific evidence, and/or how you will be impacted
- Address trade-offs and opposing views in your comment
- There is no minimum or maximum length for an effective comment
- The comment process is not a vote – one well supported comment is often more influential than a thousand form letters
Comment period ends 31 January 2020. Click HERE to submit your comment.
Leave A Comment